|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Photography of north side of the public square. Cotton wagons are parked in the area which would now be the back side of the Historic Courthouse, with East Whitner Street (Depot Street) running the length of the photo in front of business such McCully Carthart, E. B.Benson, Cunningham & Co. and A.P. Hubbard. On the right side of the photo is what is known as Granite Row.
Gallant Belk eventually was located on the site of the three story building in the middle. In 1882, it was the Farmer and Merchant bank. The third floor was damaged by fire and removed. To the left of three story bulding was Ligon Hill business.
|Title||Anderson Court House Plaza|